Ordnance Factory Interview Experience – 2017
Posted By : Sreeram Naik
Hi, I am Sreeram Naik. I will share my Interview experience later on first I will go with the Syllabus of the Test and Scheme of the Test:
The scheme of the test:
1. The test will be of two hours duration and will carry a maximum of 300 marks.
2. The test will have objective type questions with multiple choices of the answer.
3. The medium of Test will be English only.
4. There will be a penalty for wrong answers. Every wrong answer will carry a deduction of one‐third of the marks assigned to that question. If no answer is marked for a question, there will be no penalty for that question.
5. For every correct answer, the candidate will get the 3marks.
6. All questions will carry equal marks.
Syllabus of the test:
The syllabus of the Test will broadly comprise the following topics:
1. Thermodynamics of Materials
2. Mechanical Metallurgy
3. Iron Making
4. Chemical Kinetics & Mass Transfer
5. Electro‐Chemistry & Corrosion
6. Steel Making
7. Foundry Metallurgy
8. Hydro & Electro Metallurgical Extraction Processes
9. Physical Metallurgy
10. Testing of Materials & Quality Control
11. Physics of Metals
12. Pyrometallurgical Extraction of Non‐Ferrous Metals
13. Metal Working Processes
14. Material Science
15.Technology of Alloy Steel
16. Heat Treatment Technology
17. X‐Ray & Electron Microscopy
18. Metal Joining & Powder Metallurgy
19. Production of Ferroalloys
20. Nanophase Materials
Now coming to my Interview experiences:-)
Duration of the Interview : 40–45Minutes.
It’s a panel Interview: Panel had the Three members and One member from UPSC HR mam and One member from IIT and another member of Ordnance Factory experienced person.
1. what are you doing after graduation from last year to till today ..?
2. , Tell me one, During your engineering time have you done any summer or any project.
3. Which is your favorite subject in metallurgy?
4. What types of grain structure you will see in any engineering materials ..?
5. Can you draw the continues and discontinues curve for the Stress-strain of the materials ..?
6. what is yield point?
7. what is the difference between hardness and strengthening of the materials?
8. bands formation in the mild steel?
9. which grains shows the higher hardness coarser one or finer and why?
10. Do you know which post were you applied?
11. What is all about the ordnance factory?
12. Do you have any idea how many ordnance factories located in the country and which state has the highest one?
13. Can I ask the questions from your favorite subject?
14. what is the use of the slag in the blast furnace?
15. What types of reaction takes place in BF..?
16. Can show me the types of reaction?
17. Do you know what types of materials used in the defense manufacturing like Bullets /gun/armed vehicles..?
18. Let me know alloying metals and plain carbon alloying metals were having same properties .?
overall 40–50 minutes went my interview but I’m not satisfied with my performance but I hoped for the last selections.
Results :-)Announcement of results was on 1st March, Got selected.